I will learn how to important vector drawings from Illustrator into Flash
I will learn how to create an animated movie in Flash
I will learn how to move a background in Flash
1. Open the google docs with your name on it and answer the questions, each team has to complete all questions.
Steam Boat Willie.
1928: This film is one of first Disney animations to star Mickey Mouse and “one of the first cartoons with synchronized sound. It was the first cartoon to feature a fully post-produced soundtrack which distinguished it from earlier sound cartoons.”
In the first scene what technique is used to make it appear that the boat is moving?
1. Importing vector drawings from Illustrator into Flash
Download this zip folder: moving backgrounds
rename it to yourname_moving Backgrounds
2. Drawing a background and moving a background
Create a new new layer in the Flash movie and label it background.
Draw a cloud/s or rolling hills in the layer. Select all the objects you’ve drawn in the layer
Modify > Convert to Symbol > Graphic
Label the Graphic “background”
Add a Motion Tween to the “background” symbol and make it appear the bird is Flying.
Choose one or more of the following if your finished:
- Create and motion tween several backgrounds that move at different speeds
- Create your own animated character that moves against an moving background
- Create a flash movie that use motions tweens that sync to music
Save Save Save:
Save your work first to your student drive, then copy and paste in the 9 multimedia folder in the share drive
Watch this video on Flash terms and animation basics